Wednesday, October 27, 2010

R.I.P. Sony Walkman (1979 - 2010)



Sony announced yesterday that it will discontinue its former flagship product - the cassette tape based Walkman. This iconic music gadget will now take up space in your garage next to your 8-tracks and mini-disc player as obsolete devices you may take a look at every now and then to bask in the nostalgia.

I, for one, grew up with a Walkman constantly in my hands and foam headphones firmly perched atop my head. The Walkman changed my world for the better and I have been addicted to music ever since. Here, in tribute, is the title track to the very first piece of music I owned (on cassette, naturally) - RUN DMC's Raising Hell.

I will miss you, Walkman. Sleep well, sweet prince.


RUN DMC - "Raising Hell"

1 comment:

The Biz Never Sleeps

The Biz Never Sleeps
Click on Biz to access older episodes...