Monday, April 19, 2010

Cut of the Week 04/19/10


I've recently come to discover the solo material of the legendary rocker Joe Strummer, former frontman of The Clash. I stumbled upon the documentary about his life, The Future Is Unwritten, and it featured quite a bit of post-Clash material with which I was not very familiar. That led to me seeking out his incredible 2003 album, Streetcore, released just shortly after his death in 2002 from a congenital heart defect. With each one of the 10 songs varying in style from rockabilly to reggae to straight-ahead rock, it showcases why Strummer and The Clash ruled the music world from the late 1970s until their breakup in 1986. His legend clearly continues to live on.

Here is one of my favorites from Streetcore. Enjoy.


Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros - "Get Down Moses" link

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Biz Never Sleeps

The Biz Never Sleeps
Click on Biz to access older episodes...